The new secure, and ultra-low power STM32 microcontrollers that will revolutionize your embedded design!
The STM32U5 series offers advanced power-saving microcontrollers, based on the Arm® Cortex®-M33 core and ST’s innovative proprietary ultra-low power features, which reduce typical MCU power consumption by 90% in applications where peripherals need to regularly acquire data.
The flagship of the STM32 ultra-low power series, the STM32U5 meets the most demanding power/performance requirements for smart applications, including wearables, personal medical devices, home automation, and industrial sensors.
The STM32U5 is the first STM32 MCU to receive SESIP and PSA level 3 certifications, taking cyber protection to a new level and allowing developers to streamline their IoT design process.
Key features of STM32U5 series
Proven efficiency and best-in-class power consumption
- New power management
- LPBAM*, DMA and IP autonomous in low-power mode
- Energy benchmark:
- 535 ULPMark-CP
- 149 ULPMark-PP
- 133,000 SecureMark-TLS
*Low-Power Background Autonomous Mode
- Arm Cortex-M33 core running at 160 MHz
- 240 DMIPS and 651 CoreMark scores
- New ST ART Accelerator: working both on internal and external Flash (8 Kbytes of instruction cache)
- Up to 2Mbytes of Flash
- Higher level of safety with 100 kcycles for 512 kB of flash
- PSA level 3 and SESIP level 3 certified
- Arm® TrustZone® and securable I/Os, memories, and peripherals
- AES and PKA, side attack resistant
How to test & prototype with STM32U5 series
Choose a development kit to start testing the capabilities and features of STM32U5 series:
Build end-to-end IoT solutions with this discovery kit for IoT nodes.
The B-U585I-IOT02A discovery kit leverages the key features of the STM32U5 series to help designers build prototypes for a variety of wearable or sensor applications in fitness, metering, industrial or medical fields, with state-of-the-art energy efficiency and higher security.
The STM32U5 discovery kit is certified for the Microsoft Azure IoT Plug and Play program and is part of the Azure-certified device catalog. A ready-to-use platform, the B-U585I-IOT02A discovery board can connect to Azure IoT services, and enable the visualization of sensor data in real time, leveraging state-of-the-art security based on TF-M.
The STM32 Nucleo-144 development board embeds the STM32U575ZIT6Q MCU in an LQFP144 package, and features an SMPS for reducing power consumption in run mode.
Supporting Arduino, ST Zio and morpho connectivity, this board provides an affordable and flexible way for users to try out new concepts and build prototypes by choosing from the various combinations of performance and power consumption features, provided by the STM32U5 microcontroller.
On-demand webinar: Solving power & performance challenges with the STM32U5 MCU
- Introduction to the new STM32U5 and ultra-low power footprint
- Focus on new device IP (LPBAM) and power management (Integrated DC/DC) architecture to maximize power budget/consumption
- Deeper dive into our security IP (HUK) along with certifications (PSA Level3)
- Latest additions to our ecosystem focusing on middleware offering along with TF-M offering
On-demand webinar: Strengthening MCU Device Security with the STM32U5
- Introduction to the new STM32U5 microcontroller family for connected IoT applications
- Overview of the flexible life cycle scheme with RDP and password protected debug
- Detailing Enhanced Key Storage utilizing the Hardware Unique Key (HUK)
- Cryptography IP improvements, including side channel protections