PEmicro's ICDPPCNEXUS for Windows is a powerful tool for debugging code on an STMicroelectronics SPC5 device. The debugger comes with P&E's PROGPPCNEXUS flash programmer. The debugger supports BookE cores, VLE cores, and multiple cores. The debugger uses the processor's JTAG/Nexus debug mode, via a hardware interface, to give the user access to all on-chip resources. Includes command-line version for scripted programming.
- Full-speed in-circuit debug
- Breakpoints with counters on the Nth execution
- Variables window
- Support for multi-core as well as VLE, BOOKE, and mixed mode devices.
- Startup and Macro files for automating the debug process
- Context-sensitive help for all commands*
- Symbolic register files to allow decoding of on-chip peripheral registers*
- MMU memory map display
- SPR display/modification
- Flash programming integrated into the debugger*
- C source-level debugging based on ELF/DWARF 2.0 format