The STUSB1700 is an IC controller, fully compliant with the USB Type-C cable and connector specification (rev. 1.2), which addresses 5 V USB Type-C port management on the host side. It is fully autonomous and allows the advertising of the current capability to be managed by external pins. It is suited to implement power sharing capabilities, or external temperature protection mechanism with current capability adjustment.
The STUSB1700 is designed for a broad range of applications and can handle the following USB Type-C functions: attach detection, plug orientation detection, host to device connection, VCONN support, and VBUS configuration. Thanks to its 20 V technology, it implements high voltage protection features against short-circuits to VBUS up to 28 V. The device is fully customizable thanks to an integrated non-volatile memory.
- Single power role support: source mode
- Type-C attach and cable orientation detection
- Configurable current advertising through external control pins
- Configurable start-up profiles through NVM
- Integrated VBUS voltage monitoring and discharge path
- Short-to-VBUS protections on CC pins (22 V) and VBUS pins (28 V)
- High and/or low voltage power supply:
- VSYS = [3.0 V; 5.5 V]
- VDD = [4.1 V; 22 V]
- Integrated power switch for VCONN supply:
- programmable current limit up to 600 mA
- overcurrent, overvoltage and thermal protection
- undervoltage lockout
- Integrated VCONN discharge path
- Accessory mode support
- I2C Interface and interrupt (optional connection to MCU)
- Temperature range: -40 °C up to 105 °C
- ESD: 4 kV HBM - 1.5 kV CDM
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Certification test ID 1100100
|VFQFPN 4X4X1 24L WF||オートモーティブ||Ecopack3|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.