The L6924U is a fully monolithic battery charger that safely charges single-cell Li-Ion/Polymer battery from either a USB power source or an AC adapter. In USB mode, the L6924U supports both low-power and high-power mode. Alternatively the device can charge from an AC wall adapter. The ideal solution for space-limited portable products integrates the power MOSFET, reverse blocking diode, sense resistor and thermal protection into a compact VFQFPN16 package. When an external voltage regulated adapter or USB port is used, the L6924U works in linear mode, and charges the battery in a constant current constant voltage (CC/CV) profile. Moreover, when a current-limited adapter is used, the device can operate in quasi-pulse mode, dramatically reducing the power dissipation. Regardless of the charging approach, a closed-loop thermal control avoids device overheating. The device has an operating input voltage ranging from 2.5 V to 12 V and it allows the user to program many parameters, such as fast-charge current, end-of-charge current threshold, and charge timer. The L6924U offers two open collector outputs for diagnostic purposes, which can be used to either drive two external LEDs or communicate with a host microcontroller. Finally, the L6924U also provides other features like gas gauge function, checks for battery presence, and monitors and protects the battery from unsafe thermal conditions.
- Fully integrated solution, with power MOSFET, reverse blocking diode, sense resistor, and thermal protection
- Charges single-cell Li-Ion batteries from selectable AC adapter or USB input
- Programmable charge current up to 1 A in AC adapter mode
- Programmable charging current in USB mode for both high-power and low-power inputs
- 4.2 V output voltage with ± 1 % accuracy
- Linear or quasi-pulse operating mode
- Closed-loop thermal control
- Programmable end-of-charge current
- Programmable charge timer
- (NTC) or (PTC) thermistor interface for battery temperature monitoring and protection
- Status outputs to drive LEDs or to interface with a host processor
- Small VFQFPN 16-lead package (3 x 3 mm)
オーディオ & ビデオ
|VFQFPN 16 3x3x1.0||インダストリアル||Ecopack2|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.