The device is a serial access microcontroller designed for secure mobile applications. It incorporates the most recent generation of ARM processors for embedded systems. Its SecurCore® SC000™ 32-bit RISC core is built on the Cortex® M0 core with additional security features to help to protect against advanced forms of attacks. The SC000™ core brings great performance and excellent code density thanks to the Thumb®-2 instruction set. The CPU interfaces with the on-chip RAM, ROM and NVM via a 32-bit internal bus.
The high-speed, 480-Kbyte, embedded Flash memory introduces more flexibility to the system.
The device also offers a serial communication interface fully compatible with the ISO 7816-3 standard (T=0, T=1) for smartcard applications. In addition, it includes two general-purpose 16-bit timers, an ISO 3309 CRC calculation block and a watchdog timer. Finally, it has a hardware Data Encryption Standard (DES) accelerator that the user can use to optimize the application performance.
The device operates in the –25 to +85 °C temperature range, and the 1.8 V and 3 V supply voltage ranges. A comprehensive range of power-saving modes enables the design of efficient low-power applications.
The device is delivered in D18 micromodules. It is also available in wafers.
- Hardware features
- ARM® SecurCore® SC000™ 32-bit RISC core
- 13 Kbytes of user RAM
480 Kbytes of user Flash memory:
- 10-year data retention
- 100 000 Erase/Write cycles per page
- Page erase granularity: 512 bytes
- Block erase granularity: 2 Kbytes
- Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter supporting the ISO/IEC 7816-3 T=0 and T=1 protocols
- Two 16-bit timers with interrupt capability
- Watchdog timer
- 1.8 V and 3 V supply voltage ranges
- External clock frequency from 1 up to 5 MHz
- High performance provided by the 30 MHz CPU clock frequency
- Current consumption compatible with GSM and ETSI specifications
- Power-saving Standby and Hibernate states
- Contact assignment compatible with ISO 7816-2
- 4 kV (HBM)
- 1 kV (CDM)
- D18 micromodules
- Security features
- Monitoring of environmental parameters
- Protection against faults
- ISO 3309 CRC calculation block
- True random number generator
- Unique serial number on each die
- Hardware data encryption standard (DES) accelerator
- Software features
- Flash memory loader
- Flash memory drivers
- Development environment
Software development and firmware generation are supported by a comprehensive set of development tools dedicated to software design and validation:
- C compiler, simulator and emulator
- Software development and firmware generation are supported by a comprehensive set of development tools dedicated to software design and validation:
- Hardware features
|製品型番||Marketing Status||パッケージ||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.