We leverage our strong local presence and engage employees in local programs that bring a lasting benefit to communities.
We put a particular focus on promoting Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics to ensure the innovation of tomorrow.
|335 education and volunteering initiatives from 30 sites||81% of initiatives linked to young generation and education||>100,000 trainees in ST foundation's Digital Unify program|
We annually assess our contribution to our local communities using the London Benchmarking Group's methodology.
Each site is encouraged to develop and adopt a community investment strategy that has an emphasis on one or more of the following areas:
- Educating and supporting young people: creating opportunities for young people to broaden their education, knowledge and use of electronics and IT technologies.
- Promoting technology and innovation: shaping the future contribution that the semiconductor industry will make to society.
- Philanthropy and social welfare: supporting charitable organizations and causes.
- Economic development: supporting individuals and small and medium enterprises in their economic development
- Responsible environmental management: protecting the environment and helping to protect vulnerable communities from the impacts of environmental change.
- ST Foundation: engaging employees in ST Foundation’s Digital Unify program, aimed at bringing IT technology to less privileged communities.
Contributing to the Sustainable Development GoalsOur commitments and programs related to Education & Volunteering contribute to:
SDG target 4.3 - Ensure equal access for all women and men to affordable and quality technical, vocational and tertiary education, including university.
Objectives and performance are available in our Sustainability Report.