Who should attend this workshop ?
Engineers looking to rapidly develop new ways for objects to communicate with each other and to gain some real experience with NFC solutions.
Discover how NFC technology can improve the way objects can communicate with smartphones or other NFC devices to exchange data, connect to the internet or pair with other media in a simple and affordable way.
Benefits you will take away
- Solid overview of NFC technologies, capabilities and constraints
- Understanding of NFC data structures and encoding
- Demonstration of ST products within a complete NFC system
On line course concept
- Courses are provided in MOOC format with course material available online, mostly as videos.
- All throughout the course, a technical expert will be available online to provide help and answer your questions.
- Each course takes approximately 6 to 7 hours to complete, depending on your proficiency, and must be completed within one week.
- Introduction to NFC basics, standards, and regulations
- Choosing the best NFC technology for your application
- Getting started with dynamic tags; from encoding to antenna tuning
- Communicating with readers; from antenna design to collision management
- Demonstration of complete NFC system
- Summary and Q & A
The following material is required for the hands-on exercises included in the course:
- the NUCLEO-L053R8 Nucleo development board containing an ultra-low-power STM32L0 MCU
- the X-NUCLEO-NFC01A1 Dynamic NFC tag expansion board for STM32 Nucleo based on an M24SR short-range dynamic NFC tag
- the M24LR-DISCOVERY Discovery kit containing an M24LR long-range dynamic NFC tag with energy harvesting feature and a CR95HF multi-protocol contactless transceiver IC
Without ST-Udemy account With ST-Udemy account