Integrated circuits are exposed to several possible sources of stress coming from power and or data lines which can result in malfunctions or even lead to dramatic failures. To ensure that these circuits are remain reliable and operate correctly, it is important to include protection mechanisms.
ST's Protection and EMI filter portfolio offers a unique and comprehensive choice of high-performance components to ensure safe electronic system operation and immunity from electromagnetic interference (EMI).
Produced with ST's technologies, they ensure the best protection and filtering performance for demanding systems.
Our solutions are housed in industry standard packages in addition to cost-effective alternatives such as high-power-density packages for transient voltage suppressor (TVS) diodes, ultra-small and multi-line WLCSP devices for ESD and EMI filters.
From 5000 W SMC packages to 01005 and smaller, we help engineers with design simplification, space savings and cost optimization.
Our ASIP technology enables the horizontal integration of passive components into high-reliability silicon circuits and is compatible with the latest vertical integration trends such as SIP (System In Package) systems thanks to ultra-thin packages down to 80 µm.
Automotive-grade qualification for smart mobility applications
Automotive grade qualification (AEC Q101) and Automotive surge compatibility is available for our Automotive line-up that is rapidly expanding to meet the latest EV and Autonomous driving challenges.
All ST production sites adhere to the internationally recognized quality management standards ISO 9001 and IATF (international Automotive Task Force) 16949.
FREE WEBINAR EMC - system immunity against electrostatic discharges webinar
During this one-hour webinar, you will learn how to make your electronic system more robust against destructive Electrostatic Discharges (ESD) by using ST ESD Protection components.
During this webinar you will learn about:
- ESD major root causes and EMC standards
- ST ESD Protections, which can help to protect your application against ESD
- Many real application examples demonstrating where protections play an important role
- How to select the best protection for your use cases
Maximizing MCU performance with advanced protection and EMI filtering
ST's ESD protection and EMI filter devices offer high protection efficiency with low clamping voltage (VCL), low leakage current (IRM) for protection transparency, and ultralow capacitance and ultrawide bandwidth for signal integrity.
FREE WEBINAR 10.7 GHz bandwidth common-mode filters for new USB4 and HDMI 2.1 standards
During this one hour webinar, you will learn how to optimize antenna RF sensitivity in noisy conditions in compliance with EMC standards for industrial and personal electronics applications. This webinar will help hardware engineers concerned with antenna de-sense or EMC standards compliance, as well as embedded systems engineers looking for ways to design more compact high-speed USB and HDMI connectors. There is a dedicated session with various RSSI, spectrum analyses, and transmission speed test results for Wi-Fi and 10 Gbps data transmission.
- Why ECMF is required:
- Noise suppression and common mode filtering
- Antenna de-sense and immunity concerns for compliance with EMC standards
- ST application lab session with:
- SSI test results, spectrum analysis, and transmission speed test results of 10 Gbps USB transmission
- Overview of latest USB4 and HDMI 2.1 standards
- ST ECMF application and product overview
Get the right protection from the very beginning with ST's smart selection tool and electrothermal models
Are you spending countless hours selecting the right protection components for your design? This one-hour webinar shows how you can easily leverage ST’s smart selection tool and electrothermal SPICE models and choose the most appropriate protection, right from the beginning. The best part? Our tools are easy to use and compatible with ST’s latest generation of TVS. These high-performance transient voltage suppressors, with a power rating of up to 5 kW, come in a compact SMC package. They protect hardware components from voltage surges, spikes, and much more.
- Why you should watch
- Our experts will guide you through real-life lab demos to help you evaluate the benefits of this new generation of TVS devices and our latest tools
- You’ll learn how to select and simulate the right TVS in record time
- Discover ST’s latest TVS products for a wide range of applications and markets
- Learn how to use ST’s design tools and SPICE electrothermal models
- Explore real-life lab evaluation results
- Compare our solution with the competition
In this video, we explain why it is important to protect against electrostatic discharges. We give a quick demonstration to show exactly what happens when you shoot at a microcontroller with an ESD gun!
eDesignSuite is a comprehensive set of easy-to-use design-aid utilities ready to help you streamline the system development process with a wide range of ST products.