The ST-ONEHP is the world’s first digital controller embedding ARM Cortex M0+ core, an offline programmable controller with synchronous rectification, and USB PD PHY in a single package. Such a system is specifically designed to control ZVS non-complementary active clamp flyback converters to create high power density chargers and adapters with USB-PD 3.1 EPR interface.
The device includes an active clamp flyback controller and its HV startup on the primary side, a microcontroller and all the peripherals required to control the conversion and the USB-PD communication on the secondary side. The two sides are connected through an embedded galvanically isolated dual communication channel. By using a novel non-complementary control technique and specifically designed power modes the device allows to reach both high efficiency and low no load power consumption
The device is delivered with a pre-loaded firmware which handles both the power conversion and the communication protocols for USB-PD 3.1 including EPR, optional PPS and electronically marked cable management.
A dedicated memory stores a default device configuration during factory process. The user can change or adapt this memory area to fit the final product specifications.
- ZVS non-complementary active clamp flyback controller with synchronous rectification and USB-PD 3.1 EPR interface
- ARM® 32-bit Cortex®-M0+ MCU with 64 kB flash memory for digital power control and USB protocol
- FW programmable secondary side MCU controls both synchronous rectifier and ZVS Active Clamp flyback on the primary side to improve system efficiency in every condition
- High switching frequency operations in companion with MasterGaN power stage allow to use small size magnetic components, including planar transformers
- Reinforced galvanically isolated dual communication channel compliant with IEC 62368:
- 4 kV pk transient voltage
- 9.6 kV pk 1min hipot type testing
- 6.4 kV pk 1s hipot production testing
- 800 V high voltage startup with integrated input voltage sensing and Brown-in/out functions
- Active input filter capacitor discharge circuitry for reduced standby power compliant with IEC 62368-1
- Fully Integrated USB-PD PHY with 24 V tolerant protection, and integrated load switch driver
You might also like...
140W USB-PD 3.1 EPR certified reference design based on ST-ONEHP and MASTERGAN1
USB Type-C adapter to connect ST-ONE and ST-ONEMP with STEVAL-PCC020V2
Recommended for you
Events and Seminars
EDA Symbols, Footprints and 3D Models
STMicroelectronics - ST-ONEHP
Speed up your design by downloading all the EDA symbols, footprints and 3D models for your application. You have access to a large number of CAD formats to fit with your design toolchain.
Quality and Reliability
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|SSOP 36 LD 300 MIL .0315 PITCH||Industrial||Ecopack2|| |
Package:SSOP 36 LD 300 MIL .0315 PITCH
SSOP 36 LD 300 MIL .0315 PITCH
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.
Sample & Buy
|Part Number||Order from distributors||Order from ST||Marketing Status||ECCN (US)||ECCN (EU)||Packing Type||Package||Temperature (°C)||Country of Origin||Budgetary Price (US$)*/Qty|
|ST-ONEHP|| distributors |
Distributor availability of ST-ONEHP
Distributor reported inventory date:
| Buy from Distributor || |
|3A991.a.2||NEC||Tube||SSOP 36 LD 300 MIL .0315 PITCH||-40||125||TAIWAN|| |
Operating Temperature (°C)
Country of Origin:
(*) Suggested Resale Price (USD) per defined quantity for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors