STMicroelectronics Recognizes Successful Collaborations with French Start-ups and SMEs for Smart ThingsParis (France) / 24 Sep 2015
STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, hosted its 2015 Paris Innovation Night, showcasing successful collaborations with inventive French start-ups, SMEs (small and medium enterprises), and support partners. With the rapid growth of Smart Things for the Internet of Things, ST’s complete portfolio of products, software, and kits enables fast prototyping of device designs to allow inventors and makers to focus on their value-added applications.
In France, as in all other countries in which it operates, ST works with a multitude of organizations that represent the geographic and industrial diversity of innovation clusters. The companies promoted at ST’s Paris Innovation Night were distinguished for their creativity and innovative concepts:
- Alpwise (HQ: Grenoble; CEO: Serge Veyres) is an IP Provider and an Internet of Things (IOT) design house, focused on ultra-low-power radio technologies, embedded applications, and connected sensors. They target applications for the consumer, mobile, medical, automotive, and industrial market, including indoor navigation and positioning (Beacons & Hubs). Alpwise provides its own full-featured Bluetooth 4.2 Smart protocol stack, and firmware for Bluetooth audio applications, bundled with radio and microcontroller chips.
- Giroptic (HQ: Lille & San Francisco; CEO: Richard Ollier) has designed and manufactured a 360° video camera using three ST CMOS imaging sensors. The video camera uses a unique real-time image-fusion process from the imaging sensors to change the way you capture your experiences.
- iskn (HQ: Grenoble; CEO: Jean-Luc Vallejo) has developed the Slate, a writing device that enhances pen and paper and allows users to digitize sketches and notes. Using ST’s BlueNRG low-power Bluetooth, MEMS, protection devices, and analog components, the product includes a non-slip surface that holds your notebook and captures your writing/drawing.
- Kolibree (HQ: Paris, New York & Hong Kong; CEO: Thomas Serval) has created the world’s first connected electric toothbrush, which motivates children and adults by using real-time feedback to improve oral care and prevent cavities and gum disease. www.kolibree.com
- PIQ (HQ: Paris; CEO: Cédric Mangaud) has developed a multisport platform sensor that tracks performance metrics in various sports, including golf and tennis, with plans to launch support for 22 other sports. PIQ’s ambition is to make sport more exciting! Its sensor includes a broad range of ST components, including microcontrollers (STM32), MEMS, and power-management solutions.
- SevenHugs (HQ: Montrouge; CEO: Simon Tchedikian) engineers, designs, and is about to sell hugOne, a solution based on tiny sensors that monitors the entire family's sleep. hugOne helps you sleep better by monitoring temperature, humidity, and air quality for a healthier home. The sleep behaviours, results, as well as home-environment data can be accessed on the Sevenhugs mobile application. STM32 microcontrollers, SPIRIT1 connectivity, and MEMS are among the ST components used in SevenHugs’ innovative solution.
- Usine IO (HQ: Paris; Founders: Agathe Fourquet/ Benjamin Carlu) is a membership-based prototyping playground for engineers and start-ups that offers support programs from product design to manufacturing. Usine IO encourages the use of sensors and microcontrollers, including STM32 microcontrollers, connectivity products, MEMS, and others, and provides free access to development kits and field engineers when needed.
- Wi6Labs (HQ: Rennes; CEO: Ulrich Rousseau) develops and markets low-power, long-range and secured wireless sensors network for applications where access to energy and the network is difficult. The turnkey solution is based on an STM32 MCU, SPIRIT1 RF MEMS, and 6Lowpan network protocol.
ST is a global semiconductor leader delivering intelligent and energy-efficient products and solutions that power the electronics at the heart of everyday life. ST’s products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter factories, cities and homes, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices. By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented.
In 2014, the Company’s net revenues were $7.40 billion, serving more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Further information can be found at www.st.com.
The STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 (SensorTile.box) is a ready-to-use box kit with wireless IoT and wearable sensor platform to help you use and develop apps based on remote motion and environmental sensor data, regardless of your level of expertise.
Learn how ST’s low-voltage power MOSFETs can help you to solve your EMI/EMC issues in motor control applications
Upcoming Events & Technical Seminars