STMicroelectronics Showcases Innovative Internet-of-Things and Smart-Driving Solutions at MWC Shanghai 2017Visit ST’s booth at Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2017, Hall W5 Booth G90 Shanghai, China / 28 Jun 2017
STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) , a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, will be showcasing its industry-leading products and solutions for IoT (Internet of Things) and Smart Driving at Mobile World Congress Shanghai, June 28 – 30, 2017.
China is becoming a global leader in adopting the IoT and is firmly establishing itself as the global manufacturing hub for smart technologies. According to Technavios analysts, the IoT market in China is poised to grow at a CAGR of about 19% during the period 2016-2020. Supporting this trend, ST offers a wealth of products and solutions that help make everything smarter, from smartphones to IoT-connected devices in homes, cities, and factories, to the technologies that make driving safer, greener, and more connected.
At Mobile World Congress Shanghai, ST will highlight its IoT Experience Zone showcasing integrated solutions using the Company’s broad range of sensors, microcontrollers, and power-management devices for Smart City, Smart Home, Smart Things, and Smart Industry applications.
The IoT Experience Zone exhibits include a robot from Taiwan equipped with the VL53L0 Time-of-Flight (ToF) ranging sensor for obstacle avoidance; a toy robot with ST’s LSM6DS3 motion sensor for self-balance; a voice-recognition and control solution and other interesting applications based on ST’s SensorTile IoT development kit; a Smart-Home gateway containing the M24SR02 dynamic NFC tag; a smart water tap demo with the VL53L0 ranging sensor; and a smart switch enabled by ST’s Bluetooth® low power (BLE) network processor (BlueNRG-MS).
Other ST demonstrations at MWC Shanghai 2017 include:
- The Bluecoin development board with augmented hearing, ToF, and motion-sensing capabilities; the STEVAL_WESU1 wearable-products development platform consisting of various sensors and BLE devices; the X-Nucleo-IKS01A2 expansion board with motion, pressure, and temperature sensors.
- The Nucleo expansion board with the Bluetooth 4.1-compliant BLE network processor (BlueNRG-MS); the BlueNRG-1 SoC-based TV controller with voice recognition; and the BlueNRG-1-based evaluation board with a motion and a pressure sensor.
- A smart-watch demo with ST’s low-power STM32L4 microcontrollers (MCU) inside; a voice-recognition solution based on the STM32F413 MCU Discovery kit; and ST’s latest, highest-performing STM32 H7 MCU devices.
- ST’s NFC portfolio, including the ST25 NFC tags, dynamic tags, NFC and UHF readers; the ST21 NFC and ST33 eSE/eSIM ICs for mobile phones, tablets, and wearables; the ST54 Wearable NFC mobile-payment solution pre-approved for use with devices to integrate tokenized payments from Mastercard or Visa.
- Applications based on ST’s FlightSense™ laser-ranging technology for proximity, ranging, user detection, obstacle avoidance, and auto-focus assist.
- ST’s new digital TX controller for wireless battery chargers provides full compatibility with the new Qi® 1.2.3 standard and extends the transmittable power to 15W. It performs all the essential functions for transferring power with the Qi Extended Power Profile: beyond the detection of a valid receiver, and the power control, it also supports extended Foreign Object Detection (FOD) through bi-directional communication with the RX.
- 1W plug-and-play wireless battery charger demo designed for ultra-compact battery-operated devices, including wearables, smart watches, IoT sensors, and healthcare devices. The design is optimized for 1W wireless power transfer with a half-bridge topology on the transmitter side and with tiny 11 mm and 20 mm coils on the receiver and transmitter sides, respectively.
- ST’s ADAS (Advanced Driving Assistance Systems), radar, V2X (Vehicle-to-Everything), infotainment and telematics solutions for safer, greener, and more connected driving: Security Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) feature implementation based on ST’s Telemaco evaluation board controlled through a web server; 24GHz and 77GHz radar modules for ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control), FCW (Forward Collision Warning), AEB (Automatic Emergency Braking), Parking Assistance, and BSD (Blind Spot Detection); a smart camera based on the VG6640 high-dynamic-range image sensor and the STV0991 imaging SoC for Motion object Detection (MoD) and Line departure warning (LDW).
ST is a global leader in the semiconductor market serving customers across the spectrum of sense and power and automotive products and embedded processing solutions. From energy management and savings to trust and data security, from healthcare and wellness to smart consumer devices, in the home, car and office, at work and at play, ST is found everywhere microelectronics make a positive and innovative contribution to people's life. By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented.
In 2016, the Company’s net revenues were $6.97 billion. Further information on ST can be found at www.st.com.
For Press Information Contact:
Sr. Corporate External Communications Executive
+86 10 5797 9928
Chalk Talks on Advanced Sensors Smart Industry