STMicroelectronics Launches Open Innovation Challenge: Promotes Full Range of STM32 Open Development Environment to French Start-ups
- ST cooperates with Business France to boost creativity and start-up culture
- High-value top prize includes working space, coaching, and access to technology
- Challenge kicks off at CES 2019
STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, is launching an “Open Innovation Challenge” for startups (“Challenge”) during the upcoming CES 2019. The effort, based on ST’s full product portfolio including the flagship STM32 microcontroller platform, is aimed to promote ST technology and solutions to founders and developers of French Tech startups in France and overseas. In addition, the Challenge offers development and promotional expertise from Business France and crowd-rating and evaluation technology from Wirate.
The Challenge requires registration by May 31, 2019 and submission of several supporting elements to allow evaluation of the project. The Challenge excludes submitted applications in the automotive, aerospace and space domains.
Among the required parts of a final submission are a presentation or video pitch that describes the project; a summary of the names, backgrounds, and roles of the project team; a roadmap/plan for development; and a site URL with at least the basics of a company web site. In June 2019, a jury of executives from ST will select and announce one Challenge Champion based on an evaluation for all submitted innovations and technical approaches, as well as each project’s sustainability, market potential, and originality.
The Challenge Champion will receive tangible and intangible benefits worth more than €50,000, including:
- Free working space at selected ST sites in France for 2 years;
- Special access and coaching from business and technical STM32 experts;
- Preferential commercial agreements on ST components for first orders;
- Features and benefits of the STM32 ecosystem, which include the ST development platform -- Nucleo boards, Discovery kits, and expansion & IoT boards that deliver everything to help startups launch prototypes;
- Access to the ST design community; which can provide feedback and guidance on all manner of development, in addition to broad exposure to the wider STM32 community;
- Certification for the ST Partner Program;
- Opportunities with ST partners, including guidance to industrialize the products designed for the Challenge.
For more information about the Challenge, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or join us at CES, Las Vegas on Business France booth (Eureka Park, Hall G, Sands Expo) on January 9, 2019 starting at 5:45 pm (local time).
STM32 is a registered and/or unregistered trademark of STMicroelectronics International NV or its affiliates in the EU and/or elsewhere. In particular, STM32 is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office.
ST is a global semiconductor leader delivering intelligent and energy-efficient products and solutions that power the electronics at the heart of everyday life. ST’s products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter factories, cities and homes, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices.
By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented.
In 2017, the Company’s net revenues were $8.35 billion, serving more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Further information can be found at www.st.com.
Director, Technical Media Relations
+1 781 591 0354