As well as the on-board sensors supported by the X-CUBE-MEMS1 expansion software package for STM32Cube, the extended X-CUBE-MEMS-XT1 version also supports devices connected via the DIL24 socket.
X-CUBE-MEMS-XT1 runs on the STM32 and includes drivers that recognize the sensors and collect temperature, humidity, pressure and motion data from the A3G4250D, AIS328DQ, AIS3624DQ, H3LIS331DL, HTS221, IIS2MDC, ISM303DAC, ISM330DLC, LIS2DH12, LIS2DW12, LIS2MDL, LIS3MDL, LPS22HB, LPS25HB, LSM303AGR, LSM6DS0, LSM6DS3 and LSM6DSL devices.
The expansion is built on STM32Cube software technology to ease portability across different STM32 microcontrollers. The software comes with sample implementations of the drivers running on an X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 or X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 expansion board connected to a NUCLEO-F401RE or NUCLEO-L476RG development board.
- Complete software to build applications using temperature and humidity sensors (HTS221 for both X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 and X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2), pressure sensor (LPS25HB for X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 and LPS22HB for X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2) and motion sensors (LIS3MDL and LSM6DS0 for X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 and LSM303AGR and LSM6DSL for X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2), as per X-CUBE-MEMS1
- In addition, the following sensors available through the DIL24 adapter are supported: pressure sensor (LPS22HB for X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1) and motion sensors (LSM6DS3, LSM6DSL and LSM303AGR for X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1; H3LIS331DL, LIS2MDL, LIS2DH12 and LIS2DW12 for both X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 and X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2; A3G4250D, AIS328DQ, AIS3624DQ, IIS2MDC, ISM303DAC and ISM330DLC for X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2)
- Easy portability across different MCU families thanks to STM32Cube
- Free user-friendly license terms
- Three sample implementations to transmit real time sensor data to a PC including the Unicleo-GUI application and terminal application support
- Integrated Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) algorithm for vibration analysis
- Sample implementation of extended features like FIFO usage, detection of 6D orientation, free-fall, pedometer, single/double tap, tilt, wake-up, sensor hub and self-test