Low-level drivers, hardware abstraction layers, and middleware including RTOS, USB, TCP/IP, and graphic stacks, are indispensable bricks for a fast and efficient application development.
- Audio (MP3, WMA, voice services, and more)
- Connectivity (USB, TCP/IP, Bluetooth, Zigbee RF4CE, LoRaWAN®, Sigfox™ and more)
- Graphical interfaces
- Cryptography (Free STM32 Library with public key, symmetric and hash algorithms)
- Motor Control and Safety (IEC 61508 SIL for industrial, IEC/UL 60335/60730 Class B for Home Appliance applications)
These components are developed either by ST, supplied by ST's partner network or stem from open-source initiatives.
By integrating low-level and middleware software in a single library and by offering a configuration tool capable of generating initialization code for applications, the comprehensive STM32Cube software tool provides new development opportunities to embedded software developers.
STM32 MPU Embedded Software including our open-source OpenSTLinux Distribution
When starting an open-source project, developers face different levels of difficulties related to building an environment, porting and adapting board support packages for their own system. While open-source code provides some advantages, starting a project might generate delays and require extra resources to launch the product on time. STM32 MPU Embedded Software for STM32 microprocessors consolidates different levels of software, system builds and development tools to facilitate the application design and development. The STM32MPU Embedded Software includes the following components:
- A Linux® distribution running on the Arm® Cortex®-A processor called OpenSTLinux Distribution. This mainlined distribution is GPL-compliant.
- An STM32Cube MPU software package running on the Arm® Cortex®-M processor
ST and Microsoft is a perfect match. An incredible amount of traction in the IoT and across all market segments.
Now STM32CubeMX allows you to start your project from examples and put your code on top of the already prepared examples in CubeFW packages.