The LSM6DSM is a system-in-package featuring a 3D digital accelerometer and a 3D digital gyroscope performing at 0.65 mA in high-performance mode and enabling always-on low-power features for an optimal motion experience for the consumer.
The LSM6DSM supports main OS requirements, offering real, virtual and batch sensors with 4 kbyte for dynamic data batching.
ST’s family of MEMS sensor modules leverages the robust and mature manufacturing processes already used for the production of micromachined accelerometers and gyroscopes.
The various sensing elements are manufactured using specialized micromachining processes, while the IC interfaces are developed using CMOS technology that allows the design of a dedicated circuit which is trimmed to better match the characteristics of the sensing element.
The LSM6DSM has a full-scale acceleration range of ±2/±4/±8/±16 g and an angular rate range of ±125/±250/±500/±1000/±2000 dps.
The LSM6DSM fully supports EIS and OIS applications as the module includes a dedicated configurable signal processing path for OIS and auxiliary SPI configurable for both the gyroscope and accelerometer.
High robustness to mechanical shock makes the LSM6DSM the preferred choice of system designers for the creation and manufacturing of reliable products.
The LSM6DSM is available in a plastic land grid array (LGA) package.
- “Always-on” experience with low power consumption for both accelerometer and gyroscope
- Power consumption: 0.4 mA in combo normal mode and 0.65 mA in combo high-performance mode
- Smart FIFO up to 4 kbyte based on features set
- Android M compliant
- Auxiliary SPI for OIS data output for gyroscope and accelerometer
- Hard, soft ironing for external magnetic sensor corrections
- ±2/±4/±8/±16 g full scale
- ±125/±250/±500/±1000/±2000 dps full scale
- Analog supply voltage: 1.71 V to 3.6 V
- SPI & I2C serial interface with main processor data synchronization
- Dedicated gyroscope low-pass filters for UI and OIS applications
- Smart embedded functions: pedometer, step detector and step counter, significant motion and tilt
- Standard interrupts: free-fall, wakeup, 6D/4D orientation, click and double-click
- Embedded temperature sensor
- ECOPACK®, RoHS and “Green” compliant
This video tutorial shows how to easily configure a silicon-embedded advanced pedometer feature, using ST’s new generation of iNEMO™ Inertial Measurement Units (IMU).
This video on the SensorTile.box Pro Mode shows you how to use this IoT and wearable sensor development kit to create customized wireless applications using an STM32Cube function pack. Use-case on a Human Activity Recognition algorithm included.
Watch this short tutorial on the Expert mode of the SensorTile.box to learn how to use a graphical wizard to build programs without having to write any code.
Recommended for you
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|VFLGA2.5X3X.86 14L P.5 L.475X.25||Ecopack2|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.