The STTS751 is a digital temperature sensor which communicates over a 2-wire SMBus 2.0 compatible bus. The temperature is measured with a user-configurable resolution between 9 and 12 bits. At 9 bits, the smallest step size is 0.5 °C, and at 12 bits, it is 0.0625 °C. At the default resolution (10 bits, 0.25 °C/LSB), the conversion time is nominally 21 milliseconds.
The open-drain EVENT output is used to indicate an alarm condition in which the measured temperature has exceeded the user-programmed high limit or fallen below the low limit. When the EVENT pin is asserted, the host can respond using the SMBus Alert Response Address (ARA) protocol to which the STTS751 will respond by sending its slave address.
The STTS751 is a 6-pin device that supports user-configurable slave addresses. Via the pull-up resistor on the Addr/Therm pin, one of four different slave addresses can be specified. Two order numbers (STTS751-0 and STTS751-1) provide two different sets of slave addresses bringing the total available to eight. Thus, up to eight devices can share the same 2-wire SMBus without ambiguity, thereby allowing monitoring of multiple temperature zones in an application.
The two-wire interface can support transfer rates up to 400 kHz. Two small footprint packages are available: a UDFN-6L and a standard SOT23-6L package.
- Operating voltage 2.25 V to 3.6 V
- Operating temperature –40 °C to +125 °C
- 10 different conversion rates 0.0625 to 32 conversions/sec. 1 conversion/sec. - default
- 4 different resolutions 9-bit (0.5 °C/LSB) to12-bit (0.0625 °C/LSB) 10-bit (0.25 °C/LSB) - default
- Low supply current
- 50 μA (typ) for 8 conversions/sec.
- 20 μA (typ) for 1 conversion/sec.
- 3 μA (typ) standby
- ±0.5 °C (typ) 0 °C to +85 °C
- ±0.5 °C (typ) –40 °C to +125 °C
- One-shot mode for power saving
- Fast conversion time 21 ms (typ) 10-bit
- Pull-up resistor value allows single pin to select one of four slave addresses
- Supports 400 kHz serial clock
- SMBus 2.0 compatible
- SMBus ALERT (ARA) support
- SMBus timeout
A step forward in Internet of Things (IoT) and wearable devices
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.