The STA333IS is an integrated circuit comprising digital audio processing, digital amplifier control and an FFX™power output stage to create a high-power, single-chip FFX solution for all-digital amplification with high quality and high efficiency.
The STA333IS power section consists of four independent half-bridge stages. Two channels can be provided by two full bridges, delivering up to 10 W + 10 W of power.
Also featured in the STA333IS are new advanced modes for reducing AM radio interference. The serial audio data input interface accepts all possible formats, including the popular I2S format. Two channels of FFX™processing are provided.
The STA333IS is part of the Sound Terminal®family that provides full digital audio streaming to the speaker, offering cost effectiveness, low-power dissipation and sound enrichment.
- Wide-range supply voltage (4.5 V - 20 V)
- 2 channels of ternary PWM (stereo mode)
- 2 channels of 24-bit FFX™
- 100 dB SNR and dynamic range
- Selectable 32- to 192-kHz input sampling rates
- Digital gain -80 dB to +48 dB in 0.5 dB steps
- Software volume update
- Individual channel and master gain/attenuation
- Individual channel and master software and hardware mute
- Independent channel volume bypass
- Automatic zero-detect mute
- Automatic invalid input detect mute
- Short-circuit detection at startup (Out-Vcc, Out-Gnd, Out 1b-Out 2a)
- 2-channel I2S input data interface
- 2 Hz DC cut filter (input)
- Input channel mapping
- Automatic volume control for limiting maximum power
- 96 kHz internal processing sampling rate, 24-bit precision
- Advanced modes for AM interference frequency switching and noise suppression
- Embedded thermal-overload and short-circuit protection
- Video application: 576 * fSinput mode support
You might also like...
Sound Terminal based on the STA333IS 2.0 channel high-efficiency digital audio system
EDA Symbols, Footprints and 3D Models
STMicroelectronics - STA333IS
Speed up your design by downloading all the EDA symbols, footprints and 3D models for your application. You have access to a large number of CAD formats to fit with your design toolchain.
Quality and Reliability
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|Chip Scale Package 0.5mm pitch||Industrial||Ecopack3|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.
Sample & Buy
|Part Number||Order from distributors||Order from ST||Marketing Status||ECCN (US)||ECCN (EU)||Packing Type||Package||Temperature (°C)||Country of Origin||Budgetary Price (US$)*/Qty|
|STA333IS|| distributors |
Distributor availability of STA333IS
Distributor reported inventory date:
| Buy from Distributor || |
|EAR99||NEC||Tape and Reel||Chip Scale Package 0.5mm pitch||0||70||ITALY|| |
Tape and Reel
Operating Temperature (°C)
Country of Origin:
(*) Suggested Resale Price (USD) per defined quantity for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors