ST’s broad range of automotive-grade clamping diodes and filters meets all automotive standard requirements:
- IEC 61000-4-2 and ISO 10605 for ESD protection
- ISO 7637-3 for electrical disturbances from conduction and coupling
- ISO 16750 for environmental conditions and testing for electrical and electronic equipment
- AEC-Q101 and the most stringent international automotive quality requirements
It addresses all the protection sockets in automotive applications, from infotainment, navigation, communication, audio and video to battery charging systems, smart junction boxes, relays and power-lines, with:
- Transient voltage suppressors (TVS) to protect sensitive automotive circuits against overvoltage surges defined in ISO 7637-3, against electrostatic discharges according to IEC 61000-4-2 and ISO 10605
- EMI and common-mode filters (EMIF and ECMF series) to avoid electromagnetic coupling and radiation on high-speed buses in addition to protecting them from electrostatic discharges
Providing versatile ESD protection solutions for CAN, LIN and Flexray bus, ST’s automotive-grade ESDCAN protection devices combine the best trade-off on line capacitance, package dimension and quality of protection in a single range of devices.
ESD protection for CAN, CAN-FD and LIN interfaces
After a first generation of CAN bus protections in SOT23-3L and SOT323-3L packages, ST widens its product range by launching the ESDCAN04-2BLY and the ESDCAN04-2BWY. These devices offer an optimal trade-off between the high protection efficiency of the ESDCAN01-2BLY and the low capacitance of the ESDCAN02-2BWY. The new ESDCAN06-2BWY allows users to implement CAN protections on 24 V truck systems in an SOT323-3L package.
The ESDCAN devices are rated 17 pF and 35 V maximum clamping in ISO 7637-2 3a and 3b test conditions.
With these additional devices, ST’s CAN protection range compatible with CAN, CAN-FD and Flex-ray buses is now the widest in the market.