L4979D and L4979MD are low dropout linear regulators with microprocessor control functions such as low voltage reset, watchdog, on/off control. Typical quiescent current is 100 μA in very low output current mode and enabled regulator. The devices drop to 6 μA with not enabled regulators.
On chip trimming results in high output voltage accuracy (+/-2%). Accuracy is kept over wide temperature range, line and load variation.
The maximum input voltage is 40 V. The max output current is internally limited. Internal temperature protection disables the voltage regulator output.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Operating DC supply voltage range 5.6 V to 31 V
- Low quiescent current (6 μA typ. @ 25 °C with enable low)
- High precision output voltage (+/-2%)
- Low dropout voltage less than 0.5 V
- Reset circuit sensing the output voltage down to 1 V
- Programmable reset pulse delay with external capacitor
- Programmable watchdog timer with external capacitor
- Thermal shutdown and short circuit protection
- Automotive temperature range (Tj = -40 °C to 150 °C)
- Enable input for enabling/disabling the voltage regulator output
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.