The L4988 is a monolithic integrated 5V voltage regulator with a low drop voltage at currents up to 200mA. The output voltage regulating element consists in a p-channel MOS and the regulation is performed regardless of input voltage transients up to 40V. The high precision of the output voltage is obtained with a pre-trimmed reference voltage. The L4988 is protected against short circuit and an over-temperature protection switches off the device in case of extremely high power dissipa-tion. The L4988 is active when the Enable is high. State of the art features like reset and watchdog make this device particularly suitable to supply microprocessor systems in automotive applications.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Operating DC supply voltage range 5.6 V to 31 V
- Reset circuit sensing the output voltage down to 1V
- Programmable reset pulse delay with external capacitor
- Programmable watchdog timer with external capacitor
- Enable input for enabling/disabling the watchdog functionality
- Thermal shutdown and short circuit protection
- Wide temperature range (Tj = -40°C to 150°C)
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.