The L4989M and L4989MD are monolithic integrated 5 V voltage regulators with a low drop voltage at currents up to 150 mA.
The output voltage regulating element consists in a p-channel MOS and the regulation is performed regardless of input voltage transients up to 40 V. The high precision of the output voltage is obtained with a pre-trimmed reference voltage.
The devices are protected against short circuit and an overtemperature protection switches off the devices in case of extremely high power dissipation.
The L4989M and L4989MD watchdogs are active when the Enable pin is high. Features like reset and watchdog make this devices particularly suitable to supply microprocessor systems in automotive applications.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Operating DC supply voltage range 5.6 V to 31 V
- Very low quiescent current with watchdog disabled
- Precision output voltage (±3%)
- Low drop voltage (180 mV typ at Io = 150 mA)
- Reset circuit sensing the output voltage down to 1 V
- Programmable reset delay with external capacitor
- Watchdog disable input
- Programmable watchdog timer with external capacitor
- Thermal shutdown and short circuit protection
- Wide temperature range (Tj = -40°C to 150°C)
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.