L9918 is an alternator voltage regulator equipped with LIN protocol interface. The device is intended to be used in automotive application for 12 V systems. The presence of NVM cells for device parameters programmability makes it suitable for a wide range of charging application.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Closed loop voltage control
- Regulated voltage with thermal compensation function
- High side excitation driver with internal freewheeling circuit
- Load response control (LRC) and Return LRC
- Self-start activation by phase signal
- Current limitation and overcurrent protection
- Thermal protection
- Physical Layer compliant with LIN 2.2A spec.
- Data Link Layer compliant with LIN 1.3, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.2A specification
- 13 sets of LIN frames selectable
- Configurable parameters (see NVM parameter table A1)
- Configurable for 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 pole pair alternator
- Compliant to VDA LIN-Generator-Regulator specification
- Full ISO26262 compliant, ASIL-B systems ready
- Available as Bare die as well as in PENTAWATT In Line (TO220-5) package
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|DICE SAWN T&R||Automotive||N/A|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.