The L9924L is a controlled multifunctional alternator regulator intended to be used in cars, commercial and agricultural vehicles, with support for 12 V and 24 V systems. The control can be achieved through different communication protocols: LIN, RCV, PCM, C_term, BSS. It is a System-In-Package solution with smart power alternator regulator IC coupled with a 8-bit microcontroller (non-monolithic approach). It includes the control section, fault diagnostic circuit which drives a warning lamp, and the protection against short circuits.
This device regulates in closed loop the output of an automotive generator by controlling the field winding current by means of a Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) of an external high side or low side driver at fixed frequency.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- System in package smart power alternator regulator and 8-bit microcontroller (non-monolithic approach)
- Protected high/low side field pre-driver for external MOS
- Field short circuit protection
- Regulated voltage driven by ECU (programmable protocol driven)
- Regulated voltage thermally compensated (without protocol)
- Lamp driver (wake up and warning detection)
- Diagnostic via LIN
- LIN 2.1 interface for programming and control
- Self start function
- Load response control (LRC)
- Field monitor (FM) output
- Thermal shutdown
- Package TQFP44EP (10 x 10 mm)
EDA Symbols, Footprints and 3D Models
STMicroelectronics - L9924L
Speed up your design by downloading all the EDA symbols, footprints and 3D models for your application. You have access to a large number of CAD formats to fit with your design toolchain.