The TDA7786x (ELITE) tuner is an optimized high-performance AM/FM tuner IC family for car-radio applications, suitable also (in combination with an external baseband decoder) for HD Radio™ reception.
Its members integrate mixers and IF amplifiers for AM, FM and WX, fully integrated VCO and PLL synthesizer, IF- processing including adaptive bandwidth control, stereo decoder, RDS decoder, and digital interfaces for external HD Radio™ decoding on a single IC.
AM/FM IBOC base band filtering is available in parallel to standard analog reception.
The utilization of digital signal processing results in numerous advantages: very low number of external components, very small space occupation and easy application, very high selectivity due to digital filters, high customization possibility through software control, automatic alignment and a powerful DSP for custom processing.
Two versions of the device cover different application/performance requirements:
TDA7786: entry-level, high-performance tuner;TDA7786M: tuner with enhanced behavior in case of FM multipath, thanks to the proprietary MuSICA algorithm.
Both versions are HW- and SW-compatible.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- FM, AM and weather band reception
- Fully integrated VCO for world tuning
- High performance PLL for fast RDS system
- Integrated AM LNA and PIN diodes
- Automatic self alignment for FM front-end pre-selection filter and image rejection
- Integrated IF filters with high selectivity, dynamic range and adaptive bandwidth control
- Drift-free Digital-IF signal processing with high performance
- RDS demodulation with group and block synchronization
- High performance stereo decoder with noise-blanker
- Digital interface for HD Radio™ reception with digital audio blending
- I2C bus-controlled
- I2S input/output digital audio interfaces
- Single 5 V supply
- LQFP64 package
- MuSICA (multipath noise reduction) algorithm available for premium version of the device
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|LQFP 64 10x10x1.4||Industrial||Ecopack1|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.