The X-NUCLEO-6180XA1 expansion board features the VL6180X proximity, gesture and ALS sensor, based on ST’s FlightSense™, Time-of-Flight technology. It is an evaluation board that provides an introduction to the proximity, ranging and light sensing capabilities of the VL6180X module.It is compatible with the STM32 Nucleo board family, and with the Arduino UNO R3 connector layout.Several ST expansion boards can be superposed through the Arduino connectors, which allows for example to develop VL6180X applications with Bluetooth or WiFi interface.
- VL6180X proximity, gesture and ambient light sensing (ALS) module.
- Slider switch controlling 2 functions:
- Ranging measurement, beyond 400mm.
- Ambient light sensing, up to 100 kLux1.
- 4-digit display, displaying either the distance of a target from the proximity sensor, or the lux value from the ambient light sensing (ALS).
- Excellent ranging accuracy, independent of the reflectance of the target.
- In order to easily integrate multiple VL6180X’s into customer devices, up to 3 external satellite VL6180X boards can be connected to the expansion board.
- Satellite boards can be ordered on http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF261466 under the reference VL6180X-SATEL.
- Basic gesture recognition application can be developed with one or multiple VL6180X modules.
- Compatible with STM32 Nucleo board family.
- Equipped with ArduinoTMUNO R3 connector.
- RoHS compliant.
- Full system SW supplied, download from www.st.com/vl6180x.
Check out our video to get inspired to release your creativity
Guided tour into STM32 ODE and how it can help developers turn bright ideas into great products
The STM32 Open Development Environment is a flexible, easy and affordable way to develop innovative devices and applications. It is based on STM32 Nucleo boards and STM32Cube software.
Point of Sales and Retail Logistics
|Part Number||Marketing Status||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.