The L6228Q is a DMOS fully integrated stepper motor driver, realized in BCD multipower technology.
The L6228Q includes the circuitry to drive a two-phase bipolar stepper motor: a dual DMOS full-bridge, the constant off-time, the PWM current controller performing the chopping regulation and the phase sequence generator, which generates the stepping sequence. The device features a non-dissipative overcurrent protection on the high-side power MOSFETs and thermal shutdown.
- Operating supply voltage from 8 to 52 V
- 2.8 A output peak current (1.4 Ar.m.s.)
- RDS(on)0.73 Ω typ. value @ TJ= 25 °C
- Operating frequency up to 100 kHz
- Non dissipative overcurrent protection
- Dual independent constant tOFFPWM current controllers
- Fast/slow decay mode selection
- Fast decay quasi-synchronous rectification
- Decoding logic for stepper motor full and half- step drive
- Cross conduction protection
- Thermal shutdown
- Undervoltage lockout
- Integrated fast free wheeling diodes
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.