The EVL185W-LEDTV is a high-end demonstration board tailored to the specifications of a typical LED TV application. The peculiarities of this design are the very high average efficiency of about 90%, without synchronous rectification, and very low no load consumption of 100 mW at 230 Vac. The result is that this converter is compliant to the most demanding ENERGY STAR® eligibility criteria. The architecture is made up of two sections, based on a three-stage approach: a 10 W standby supply using the new VIPer27L, which delivers the 5 V standby dedicated to supplying the microprocessor and the logic circuitry, and a bigger section composed of a front-end PFC, using the new TM L6564 and an LLC resonant converter, using the L6599A, delivering three output voltages: 12 V dedicated to supplying the TV panel, 24 V to supplying the audio power amplifiers, and 130 V dedicated to the backlight.
The PFC stage delivers 400 V constant voltage and acts as the pre-regulator for both the LLC stage and the standby supply.
An external signal, referred to secondary ground, turns the PFC and the LLC stage on and off.
- Universal input mains range: 90÷264 Vac - frequency 45÷65 Hz
- Output voltage 1: 130 V ±8 % at 620 mA for backlight
- Output voltage 2: 24 V ±8 % at 2 A for audio supply
- Output voltage 3: 12 V ±1 % at 4 A for panel supply
- Output voltage 4: 5 V ±2 % at 2 A for microprocessor supply
- Mains harmonics: acc. to EN61000-3-2 Class-D or JEITA-MITI Class-D
- Standby mains consumption: <170 mW at 230 Vac with 50 mW load
- Overall efficiency at full load: >90%
- EMI: according to EN55022-Class-B
- Safety: according to EN60065
- Dimensions: 115x204 mm, 25 mm maximum component height from PCB
- PCB: single side, 70 μm, CEM-1, mixed PTH/SMT introduction
- RoHS compliant
VIPerPlus with brown out: 12W high voltage converter with fixed frequency
Recommended for you
LED Lighting and Controls
Power Supplies and Converters
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.