The STEVAL-ILL053V2 evaluation board implements a 130 W LED power supply for street lighting.
The circuit is composed of two stages: a front-end PFC using the L6562AT, and an LLC resonant converter based on the L6599AT.
The strengths of this design are its very high efficiency; wide input mains range (85-305 VAC) operation and long-term reliability.
Because mean time between failures (MTBF) in power supplies is typically affected by the high failure rate of common electrolytic capacitors, the STEVAL-ILL053V2 evaluation board offers an innovative design approach using film capacitors from EPCOS in place of electrolytic capacitors.
Thanks to the high efficiency achieved, only a small heatsink for the PFC stage is needed, while the other power components implement surface mount technology (SMT), which significantly lowers costs.
The STEVAL-ILL053V2 evaluation board also provides protection against overload, short-circuit and open-loop in each stage, and overvoltage protection on the input, with auto-restart.
- Extended input mains range: 85 to 305 VAC - frequency 45 to 55 Hz
- Output voltage: 48 V at 2.7 A
- Long-life: electrolytic capacitors not used
- Mains harmonics in accordance with EN61000-3-2 Class C
- Efficiency at full load greater than 91% at 115 VAC
- EMI in accordance with EN55022 Class B; EN55015
- Safety: double insulation, in accordance with EN60950, SELV
- Dimensions: 75 x 135 mm, 30 mm maximum component height
- PCB: single side, 35 μm, FR-4, mixed PTH/SMT
- RoHS compliant
- WEEE compliant
Recommended for you
LED Lighting and Controls
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.