The purpose of this evaluation board is to provide an application example of a six-channel, medium-current LED driver using the ALED7707 chip. The monolithic boost converter provides the required LED supply voltage starting from a single supply rail, while the brightness of the LED strings connected to the six outputs is controlled through a PWM signal. Open LED and LED short-circuit fault conditions are detected and managed.
The board has been designed to provide a compact reference solution for automotive applications involving several LEDs arranged in multiple strings (e.g. interior lighting, infotainment LCD backlighting, etc.).
- Wide DC input voltage (6 V - 32 V)
- Six 70 mA output channels (capable of 30 mA to 85 mA each)
- PWM brightness control (10 µs minimum dimming on-time)
- Up to 10 white LEDs per channel (36 V OVP threshold)
- > 90% efficiency (VIN=12 V, VBOOST=30 V, fSW=1 MHz, no snubber)
- On-board input filter for conducted EMI reduction
- RoHS compliant
- All automotive-grade components
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.