The purpose of this evaluation board is to provide an application example of a single-channel, high-current LED driver using the ALED6001 chip operating with a boost topology. The brightness of the LED string connected to its output can be controlled through a PWM signal (0% - 100% dimming) or a control voltage (10:1 analog dimming). Open LED, feedback disconnection & LED overcurrent fault conditions are detected and managed. The evaluation board has been designed to provide an example of a compact solution for all automotive applications involving several LEDs arranged is a single string, and day-time running lights (DTRL) in particular.
- Wide DC input voltage (8 V - 24 V)
- Single channel, 1000 mA constant-current output with PWM brightness control
- 500 kHz switching frequency
- Up to 10 high-brightness white LEDs (40 V OVP threshold)
- High efficiency (92% @ Vin = 12 V, Vout = 32 V, Iout = 1 A)
- All automotive grade components
- RoHS compliant
Recommended for you
LED Lighting and Controls
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.