The STEVAL-IPMnM2S is a compact motor drive power board based on SLLIMM-nano SMD (small low-loss intelligent molded module) (STIPNS2M50T-H). It provides an affordable and easy-to-use solution for driving high power motors in a wide range of applications such as power white goods, air conditioning, compressors, power fans and 3-phase inverters for motor drives in general.
The IPM itself consists of six MOSFETs, three high voltage half-bridge gate driver ICs and a wide range of features like undervoltage lockout, smart shutdown, internal temperature sensor and NTC, overcurrent protection and internal op-amp.
The main characteristics of this evaluation board are small size, minimal BOM and high efficiency. It features an interface circuit (BUS and VCC connectors), bootstrap capacitors, snubber capacitor, hardware short-circuit protection, fault event signal and temperature monitoring. It is designed to work in single- or three-shunt configuration and with triple current sensing options: three dedicated on-board op-amps, op-amps embedded on MCU or single internal IPM op-amp. The Hall/Encoder part completes the circuit.
The system is designed to achieve accurate and fast conditioning of current feedback to satisfy the typical requirements for field oriented control (FOC).
The STEVAL-IPMnM2S is compatible with ST’s control board based on STM32, providing a complete platform for motor control.
- Input voltage: from 125 to 400 VDC
- Nominal power: up to 100 W
- Nominal current: up to 1.2 A
- Input auxiliary voltage: up to 20 VDC
- Single- or three-shunt resistors for current sensing (with sensing network)
- Three options for current sensing: dedicated external op-amps, internal SLLIMM-nano SMD op-amp (single) or via MCU
- Overcurrent hardware protection
- IPM temperature monitoring and protection
- Hall sensor or encoder input
- MOSFETs intelligent power module:
- SLLIMM-nano IPM (STIPNS2M50T-H) - SMD package
- Motor control connector (32 pins) interfacing with ST MCU boards
- Universal design for further evaluation with breadboard and testing pins
- Very compact size
- WEEE compliant
- RoHS compliant
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.