The STEVAL-IPMNM3Q is a compact motor drive power board equipped with the STIPQ3M60T-HZ (or STIPQ3M60T-HL) SLLIMM-nano (small low-loss intelligent molded module) 2nd series based on N-channel Power MOSFET MDmesh™ DM2 fast-recovery diode. It provides an affordable and easy-to-use solution for driving high power motors in a wide range of applications such as power white goods, air conditioning, compressors, power fans and 3-phase inverters for motor drives in general.
The IPM consists of six MOSFETs, three high voltage half-bridge gate driver ICs and a wide range of features like undervoltage lockout, smart shutdown, internal temperature sensor and NTC, overcurrent protection and internal op-amp.
The main characteristics of this evaluation board are small size, minimal BOM and high efficiency. It features an interface circuit (BUS and VCC connectors), bootstrap capacitors, snubber capacitor, hardware short-circuit protection, fault event signal and temperature monitoring. It is designed to work in single- or three-shunt configuration and with three current sensing options: three dedicated on-board op-amps, op-amps available on a connected microcontroller, or the single op-amp embedded in the power module. A Hall/Encoder section completes the circuit.
The system is designed to achieve accurate and fast conditioning of current feedback to satisfy the typical requirements for field oriented control (FOC).
The STEVAL-IPMNM3Q is compatible with ST control boards based on STM32 microcontrollers, providing a complete platform for motor control.
- Input voltage: from 125 to 400 VDC
- Nominal power: up to 300 W
- Allowable maximum power is related to the application conditions and cooling system
- Nominal current: up to 1.1 Arms
- Input auxiliary voltage: up to 20 VDC
- Single- or three-shunt resistors for current sensing (with sensing network)
- Three options for current sensing: dedicated external op-amps, internal SLLIMM-nano op-amp (single) or via MCU
- Overcurrent hardware protection
- IPM temperature monitoring and protection
- Hall sensor or encoder input
- MOSFETs intelligent power module:
- SLLIMM-nano 2nd series IPM (STIPQ3M60T-H) - Full molded package
- Motor control connector (32 pins) interfacing with ST MCU boards
- Universal design for further evaluation with breadboard and testing pins
- Very compact size
- WEEE compliant
- RoHS compliant
Recommended for you
Quality and Reliability
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.
Sample & Buy
|Part Number||Order from Distributors||Order from ST||Core Product||Marketing Status||Supplier||ECCN (US)||ECCN (EU)||Country of Origin||Budgetary Price (US$)*/Qty|
|STEVAL-IPMNM3Q||No availability of distributors reported, please contact our sales office||STIPQ3M60T-H|| |
|ST||EAR99||NEC||ITALY||71.0 / 1|