The ST1480Ax is ±15 kV ESD protected, 3.3 V low power transceiver for RS-485 and RS-422 communications. The device contains one driver and one receiver in half duplex configuration.
The ST1480Ax transmits and receives at a guaranteed data rate of at least 12 Mbps.
All transmitter outputs and receiver inputs are protected to ±15 kV using Human Body Model.
Driver is short-circuit current limited and is protected against excessive power dissipation by
thermal shutdown circuitry that places the driver outputs into a high-impedance state.
The ST1480Ax input has a true fail-safe feature that guarantees a logic high output if both inputs are open circuit, shorted together or in the presence of a termination with no signal on the bus.
- ESD protection
- ±15 kV human body model
- ±8 kV IEC 1000-4-2 contact discharge
- Operates from a single 3.3 V supply - no charge pump required
- Interoperable with 5 V logic
- 1 μA low current shutdown mode max
- Guaranteed 12 Mbps data rate
- -7 to 12 common mode input voltage range
- Half duplex versions available
- Industry standard 75176 pinout
- Current limiting and thermal shutdown for driver overload protection
- Guaranteed high receiver output state for floating, shorted or terminated inputs with no signal present
- Allows up to 64 transceivers on the bus
- ESD protection
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.