The ST485E is a low power transceiver for RS-485 and RS-422 communication. Each driver output and receiver input is protected against ±15 kV electrostatic discharge (H.B.M.) (ESD) shocks, without latch-up. These parts contain one driver and one receiver in half duplex configuration.
This transceiver draws 300 µA (typ.) of supply current when unloaded or fully loaded with disabled drivers.
It operates from a single 5 V supply.
Driver is short-circuit current limited and is protected against excessive power dissipation by thermal shutdown circuitry that place the driver outputs into a high-impedance state.
The ST485E is designed for bi-directional data communications on multipoint bus transmission lines (half-duplex applications).
- Allows up to 256 transceivers on the bus
- ESD protection:
±15 kV (H.B.M.) ±8 kV (IEC-1000-4-2 contact discharge)
- Operates from a single 5 V supply
- 30 ns propagation delay, 5 ns skew
- Low quiescent current: 300 µA
- -7 V to 12 V common mode input voltage range
- Designed for RS-485 interface application
- 70 mV typical input hysteresis
- Current limiting and thermal shutdown for driver overload protection
- Driver maintains high impedance in 3-state or with the power OFF
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.