The ST8034T/ST8034AT/ST8034P/ST8034C devices are complete low-cost analog interfaces for asynchronous and synchronous smartcards operating at a supply voltage of 5 V or 3 V (or even 1.8 V in the case of ST8034P).
The ST8034T/ST8034AT/ST8034P/ST8034C devices can be placed between the card and the microcontroller to provide all supply, protection, detection and control functions, with just a few external components.
- Complete smartcard interface
- ISO 7816 and EMV™ 4.3 payment systems compatible
- One protected half-duplex bidirectional buffered I/O line to the smartcard
- 5 V or 3 V (or 1.8 V in case of ST8034P) selectable smartcard supply voltage (VCC). Ensures controlled VCCrise and fall times and provides smart overload detection with glitch immunity.
- Optional chip select function allows the device interface to be isolated from the host microcontroller signals - allows parallel combination of the card interface devices (ST8034C)
- Card clock generation by integrated crystal oscillator or from external clock source
- Card clock frequency up to 20 MHz, programmable by CLKDIV pin, with synchronous frequency changes
- Optional VCC_SEL input for pin-controlled selection of VCC; 5 V or 3 V or 1.8 V (ST8034P)
- Automatic card activation and deactivation sequences initiated by the microcontroller
- Emergency deactivation sequences initiated by a card supply short-circuit, card take-off, falling VDD, VDDP, or VDD(INTF)or by the interface device overheating
- Voltage supply supervisors
- With a fixed threshold (VDD, VDDP, and VDD(INTF))
- Optionally with an external resistor divider to set the VDD(INTF)threshold (PORADJ pin; ST8034P and ST8034C)
- Multipurpose card status signalOFF
- Non-inverted card reset pin RST driven by the RSTIN input
- Thermal and short-circuit protection of all card contacts
- Card presence detection contacts debounced
- Enhanced card side ESD protection of 8 kV
- Common SO16 3.9 x 9.9 mm body or a space-saving QFN16 3 x 3 mm package
- Temperature range -25 to +85 °C
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|VFQFPN 16 3x3x0.8||Industrial||Ecopack3|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.