The STM8AF6366 automotive 8-bit microcontrollers offer from 16 to 32 Kbyte of Flash program memory and integrated true data EEPROM. They are referred to as medium density STM8A devices in STM8S series and STM8AF series 8-bit microcontrollers reference manual (RM0016).
All devices of the STM8A product line provide the following benefits: reduced system cost, performance and robustness, short development cycles, and product longevity.
The system cost is reduced thanks to an integrated true data EEPROM for up to 300 k write/erase cycles and a high system integration level with internal clock oscillators, watchdog, and brown-out reset.
Device performance is ensured by a clock frequency of up to 16 MHz CPU and enhanced characteristics which include robust I/O, independent watchdogs (with a separate clock source), and a clock security system.
Short development cycles are guaranteed due to application scalability across a common family product architecture with compatible pinout, memory map and modular peripherals. Full documentation is offered with a wide choice of development tools.
Product longevity is ensured in the STM8A family thanks to their advanced core which is made in a state-of-the art technology for automotive applications with 3.3 V to 5 V operating supply.
All STM8A and ST7 microcontrollers are supported by the same tools including STVD/STVP development environment, the STice emulator and a low-cost, third party in-circuit debugging tool.
- AEC-Q10x qualified
- Max fCPU: 16 MHz
- Advanced STM8A core with Harvard architecture and 3-stage pipeline
- Average 1.6 cycles/instruction resulting in 10 MIPS at 16 MHz fCPU for industry standard benchmark
- Flash Program memory: 16 to 32 Kbyte Flash; data retention 20 years at 55 °C after 1 kcycle
- Data memory: 0.5 to 1 Kbyte true data EEPROM; endurance 300 kcycle
- RAM: 2 Kbyte
- Clock management
- Low-power crystal resonator oscillator with external clock input
- Internal, user-trimmable 16 MHz RC and low-power 128 kHz RC oscillators
- Clock security system with clock monitor
- Reset and supply management
- Wait/auto-wakeup/Halt low-power modes with user definable clock gating
- Low consumption power-on and power-down reset
- Interrupt management
- Nested interrupt controller with 32 vectors
- Up to 34 external interrupts on 5 vectors
- Up to 2 general purpose 16-bit PWM timers with up to 3 CAPCOM channels each (IC, OC or PWM)
- Advanced control timer: 16-bit, 4 CAPCOM channels, 3 complementary outputs, dead-time insertion and flexible synchronization
- 8-bit AR basic timer with 8-bit prescaler
- Auto-wakeup timer
- Window and independent watchdog timers
- Communication interfaces
- LIN 2.2 compliant, master/slave modes with automatic resynchronization
- SPI interface up to 8 Mbit/s or fMASTER/2
- I2C interface up to 400 Kbit/s
- Analog-to-digital converter (ADC)
- 10-bit accuracy, 2LSB TUE accuracy, 2LSB TUE linearity ADC and up to 10 multiplexed channels with individual data buffer
- Analog watchdog, scan and continuous sampling mode
- Up to 38 user pins including 10 HS I/Os
- Highly robust I/O design, immune against current injection
- Operating temperature up to 150 °C
- Qualification conforms to AEC-Q100 rev G
We asked Christophe the following questions: - How is ST engaged in the 8-bit MCU market ? - What benefits does the STM8 bring? - What applications are suitable for STM8 (no change) - What kind of ecosystem does STM8 have?
8-bit microcontrollers for industrial and mass-market applications
Here is an opportunity to get to learn the basics of our STM8S value line !
Recommended for you
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|LQFP 32 7x7x1.4||Automotive||Ecopack2|
|LQFP 32 7x7x1.4||Automotive||Ecopack2|
LQFP 32 7x7x1.4
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.