The USBLC6-2SC6 and USBLC6-2P6 are monolithic application specific devices dedicated to ESD protection of high speed interfaces, such as USB 2.0, Ethernet links and video lines.
The very low line capacitance secures a high level of signal integrity without compromising in protecting sensitive chips against the most stringently characterized ESD strikes.
- 2 data-line protection
- Protects VBUS
- Very low capacitance: 3.5 pF max.
- Very low leakage current: 150 nA max.
- SOT-666 and SOT23-6L packages
- RoHS compliant
- Very low capacitance between lines to GND for optimized data integrity and speed
- Low PCB space consumption: 2.9 mm2max for SOT-666 and 9 mm² max for SOT23-6L
- Enhanced ESD protection: IEC 61000-4-2 level 4 compliance guaranteed at device level, hence greater immunity at system level
- ESD protection of VBUS
- High reliability offered by monolithic integration
- Low leakage current for longer operation of battery powered devices
- Fast response time
Consistent D+ / D- signal balance:
- Very low capacitance matching toleranceI/O to GND = 0.015 pF
- Compliant with USB 2.0 requirements
- Complies with the following standards:
IEC 61000-4-2 level 4:
- 15 kV (air discharge)
- 8 kV (contact discharge)
- IEC 61000-4-2 level 4:
In this video, we explain why it is important to protect against electrostatic discharges. We give a quick demonstration to show exactly what happens when you shoot at a microcontroller with an ESD gun!
PEP01-5841, for Power over Ethernet supply lines
Introduction to surges – EOS and ESD – definition, standards, effects and root cause
Recommended for you
Point of Sales and Retail Logistics
IoT for Smart Things
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.