Designed for secure ID and banking applications, the ST31H platform products (ST31H320, ST31H256, ST31H192 and ST31H128) are serial access microcontrollers that incorporate the most recent generation of ARM processors for embedded secure systems. Their SecurCore® SC000™ 32-bit RISC core is built on the Cortex™ M0 core with additional security features to help to protect against advanced forms of attacks.
Cadenced at 28 MHz, the SC000™ core brings great performance and excellent code density thanks to the Thumb®-2 instruction set.
The ST31H platform offers a serial communication interface fully compatible with the ISO/IEC 7816-3 standard (T=0, T=1).
Three 16-bit general-purpose timers, as well as a watchdog timer, are available.
The devices feature hardware accelerators for advanced cryptographic functions. The AES accelerator provides a high-performance implementation of AES-128, AES-192, AES-256 algorithms. The 3-key Triple DES accelerator (EDES+) peripheral enables Cipher Block Chaining (CBC) mode, fast DES and triple DES computation based on three key registers and one data register, while the NESCRYPT cryptoprocessor efficiently supports the public key algorithm with native operations up to 4096 bits long.
The ST31H platform operates in the –25 to +85 °C temperature range at 1.8 V, 3 V and 5 V supply voltage ranges. A comprehensive range of power-saving modes enables the design of efficient low-power applications.
- Hardware features
- ARM® SecurCore® SC000™ 32-bit RISC core
10 Kbytes of User RAM
- Up to 320 Kbytes of secure, high-density User Flash memory
- Operating temperature: –25 °C to +85° C
- Three 16-bit timers with interrupt
- Watchdog timer
- 1.62 V to 5.5 V supply voltages
- External clock frequency up to 10 MHz
- CPU clock frequency up to 28 MHz
- Power-saving Standby state
- Contact assignment compatible with ISO/IEC 7816-3 standards
- Asynchronous receiver transmitter (IART) with RAM buffer for high speed serial data support (ISO/IEC 7816-3 T=0/T=1 and EMV compliant)
- ESD protection greater than 5 kV (HBM)
- Security features
- Active shield
- Monitoring of environmental parameters
- Three-key Triple DES accelerator
- AES accelerator
- AIS-31 Class PTG.2 compliant true random number generator (TRNG)
- NESCRYPT coprocessor for public key cryptography algorithm
- ISO/IEC 13239 CRC calculation block
- Unique serial number on each die
- Protection against multiple attacks
- Hardware features
Recommended for you
Quality and Reliability
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.
Sample & Buy
|Part Number||Order from Distributors||Order from ST||Marketing Status||ECCN (US)||ECCN (EU)||Packing Type||Package||Temperature (°C)||Country of Origin||Budgetary Price (US$)*/Qty|
|ST31H320||No availability of distributors reported, please contact our sales office||