The HCF4051 device is a monolithic integrated circuit fabricated in MOS (metal oxide semiconductor) technology available in SO-16 and PDIP-16 packages.
The HCF4051 analog multiplexer/demultiplexer is a digitally controlled analog switch having low ON impedance and very low OFF leakage current. This multiplexer circuit dissipates extremely low quiescent power over the full VDD- VSSand VDD- VEEsupply voltage range, independent of the logic state of the control signals.
This device is a single 8-channel multiplexer having three binary control inputs, A, B, and C, and an inhibit input. The three binary signals select 1 of 8 channels to be turned on, and connect one of the 8 inputs to the output. When a logic “1” is present at the inhibit input terminal all channels are off.
- Low “ON” resistance: 125 Ω (typ.)
- Over 15 V p.p signal-input range for VDD- VEE= 15 V
- High “OFF” resistance, channel leakage: ± 100 pA (typ.) at VDD- VEE= 18 V
- Binary address decoding on chip
- High degree of linearity: < 0.5 % distortion typ. at fIS= 1 KHz, VIS= 5 Vpp, VDD- VSS≥ 10 V, RL= 10 kΩ
- Very low quiescent power dissipation under all digital control input and supply conditions: 0.2 μW (typ.) VDD- VSS= VDD- VEE= 10 V
- Matched switch characteristics: RON= 5 Ω (typ.) for VDD- VEE= 15 V
- Wide range of digital and analog signal levels: digital 3 to 20, analog to 20 V p.p.
- Quiescent current specified up to 20 V
- 5 V, 10 V and 15 V parametric ratings
- ESD performance
- HBM: 2 kV
- MM: 200 V
- CDM: 750 V
- Input leakage current II= 100 nA (max.) at VDD= 18 V, TA= 25 °C
- 100 % tested for quiescent current
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.