STG3696E is a high speed ESD protected dual SPDT (single pole dual throw) switch that combines low distortion audio and accurate USB 2.0 high speed (480 Mbps) data signal switching in the same device.
When the audio path is selected, the switch allows the audio signal to swing below ground (up to VCC– 5.0 V). Superior channel-to-channel crosstalk also minimizes interference. Integrated shunt resistors in the device helps to suppress pop noise on the audio path.
When VBUSis greater than VBUSTHRES, STG3696E will automatically switch from the audio channel to the USB channel. The device is compatible with the requirements of USB 2.0 and features low on capacitance plus low resistance needed to achieve high performance switching in mobile applications.
The device allows the D+/D– pins to withstand an overvoltage condition of 5.5 V in compliant with the USB 2.0 fault protection specification.
- Low distortion negative signal swing capability for audio switch (range = VCCto VCC– 5.0 V)
- Single supply operating voltage:VCC= 2.7 V to 4.5 V
- Typical bandwidth (–3 dB) of 950 MHz on all channels
- USB (2.0) high speed (480 Mbps) signal switching compliant
- Integrated fail safe function to protect against short to 5.5 V
- Internal shunt resistors for pop noise suppression
- Auto detection of VBUSfor switch selection
- Low RONresistance of 2.5 Ω (typ.)
- Latch-up performance exceeds 100 mA per JESD 78, Class II
- ESD performance exceeds JESD22 (COM pins to GND) ± 8 kV Human Body Model (A114-A)
- ESD performance exceeds JESD22 (other pins) ± 2 kV Human Body Model (A114-A)
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|VFQFPN 10 1.8x1.4x0.5||Industrial||Ecopack3|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.