ST’s RF down-converters are designed to comply with the high performance requirements of cellular base stations, and are flexible, highly-integrated and cost-effective one-chip alternatives to discrete, expensive and bulky mixer, PLL and VCO solutions.
The STw8210xB family is available in four frequency variants covering the most common wireless standards, in a spectrum from 700 MHz to 2.7 GHz. This series has been designed in ST’s proprietary BiCMOS.
Each device in the STw8210xB family includes the RF down-mixer, the IF amplifier and the RF synthesizer with voltage-controlled oscillators (VCOs) in 7x7 QFN 44 package. The STW8210 series provide flexibility for designers by supporting different modes of operation.
The key benefits are:
- High level of integration: reduced BOM, footprint and increased reliability
- Performance (high input linearity, 8 dB conversion gain, a NF of 10.5 dB, excellent spurious “performance”, dual digital bus interface: SPI & I²C)
- Can be used on receiver section where the STw8210xB can be configured to offer a dedicated LO frequency generator per each antenna path
- Can be set in a master/slave configuration for more traditional antenna diversity scheme
- Can be used on transmit loopback, where also customer design can profit from its excellent gain flatness and the integrated 10-bit DAC to drive external PIN diode for an optimal signal level calibration
- Full coverage of the cellular infrastructure standards spectrum
- Compliancy with the requirements of cellular base stations
- Leading edge RF performances
- Cost-effective solution
The targeted applications are:
- Cellular 3G/4G infrastructure equipment
- Other wireless communication systems
High integration and optimum performance reduce costs and increase flexibility