The ST25R3920B is an automotive-grade NFC device supporting a peer-to-peer, NFC reader/writer and several NFC card emulation modes.
Designed for CCC (car connectivity consortium) digital key applications, the ST25R3920B accelerates the development of car access/start applications both inside and outside the cabin (door handle, center console, etc.). This new universal NFC reader offers several benefits, including a patented “Heartbeat” NFC card protection for Qi charging applications. Additionally, all core benefits like pairing can be leveraged.
Tailored for the car industry, ST’s high-performance NFC solution is ultra robust and noise tolerant. It reduces electromagnetic emissions and can operate in harsh conditions. These advanced features help fast-track the certification process.
- Operating modes
- Card emulation
- Active and passive peer to peer
- Key features
- Dynamic power output (DPO) controls the field strength to stay within given limits
- Active wave shaping (AWS) reduces over-and under-shoots and eases certification after EMVCo and NFC Forum
- Noise suppression receiver (NSR) allows reception in noisy environment
- Automatic antenna tuning (AAT) via variable capacitor
- Integrated EMVCo® 3.1a compliant EMD handling
Design with the future in mind and unlock the power of NFC with X-NUCLEO-NFC08A1's cutting-edge NFC card reader expansion board.
eDesignSuite is a comprehensive, flexible suite of design aid utilities and engineering tools.
- NFC Inductance:
- Input geometry and substrate properties
- Get antenna impedance
- NFC Tuning Circuit:
- Enter antenna parameter and matching target
- Select the topology of the matching network
- The tool returns component values for the desired design targets
With its advanced features and versatile design, the ST25R reader is CCC-certified. The reader has been specifically designed for the automotive industry and its applications: digital keys, center consoles, etc.
Whether you are looking to upgrade your existing solution or build a new one from scratch, the ST25R3920B enables a secure and efficient experience.
- Car access and car start, compliant with CCC
- NFC card protection for Qi charging applications
- Car sharing, in-car payment, consumable authentication, and traceability