Ultra-low power STM32WB5MMG with multi-protocol support for flexible developments
The STM32WB5MMG is a compact, certified module for 2.4 GHz connectivity. It supports Bluetooth® Low Energy 5.3, Zigbee® 3.0, OpenThread, dynamic and static concurrent modes, and 802.15.4 proprietary protocols.
Embedding the full reference design up to the antenna, the STM32WB5MMG module requires no RF expertise and allows designers to speed up their project and reduce associated costs. The protocol stacks that come with the module are completely royalty-free.
- Certified for Bluetooth® Low Energy 5.3, Zigbee® 3.0, OpenThread FCC, CE JRF, ISED, KC, UKC, NCC
- Can run Matter protocol
- Supports 2 Mbits/s, advertising extension
- Integrated chip antenna
- Fully integrated BOM, including 32 MHz radio and 32 KHz RTC crystals
- 1-Mbyte Flash memory, 256Kbyte SRAM
- Ultra-low-power modes for battery longevity
- Tx output power up to +6 dBm
- Rx sensitivity: -96 dBm (Bluetooth® Low Energy at 1 Mbps), -100 dBm (802.15.4)
- Operating range up to 75 meters
Speed up the design of Bluetooth LE 5.3, Zigbee or Thread devices. The module brings high RF performance and certifications with a limited impact on your cost structure. The STM32WB5M module comes with a free, user-friendly ecosystem.
The STM32WB5MM-DK discovery kit is a complete demonstration and development platform for the STM32W5MMG module.
The hardware features can address several applications, including Audio, USB, user buttons, and Bluetooth® Low Energy. Developers can also connect an ARDUINO® board for specific applications.
The STM32CubeWB brings all the generic embedded software components required to develop an application on STM32WB microcontrollers.
It is composed of the STM32Cube hardware abstraction layer and the low-layer APIs, a consistent set of middleware components such as Bluetooth® 5.3, Mesh V1.0, Zigbee and Thread® libraries, and examples running on ST boards.
STM32CubeMonRF is a software tool for testing the radio performances of STM32WB-based hardware devices.
It provides a graphical display to verify RF performance, with transmission/reception tests and packet error rate (PER) measurements. Results can be plotted to visualize the evolution of performance over time.
It now supports OpenThread 1.3 and a new release of 802.15.4 sniffer firmware software.
“Smart home devices should be secure, reliable, and seamless to use. And with Matter, they are."
The Connectivity Standards Alliance
Discover how the STM32WB5MMG wireless module supports Matter
- Introduction to ST's Bluetooth LE offering
- Key value proposition of the STM32WB
- Security on the STM32WB
- STM32WB module and discovery board
- STM32Cube ecosystem for the STM32WB, STM32CubeMX, STM32CubeMonRF, STM32CubeIDE, STM32CubeProgrammer
- STM32WB online demo videos, links and where to find learning content