STM32CubeMonitor-RF (STM32CubeMonRF) is a software tool allowing the test of the radio performances of STM32WB based hardware devices on Bluetooth® Low Energy and 802.15.4 technologies. It provides a graphical display to verify RF performance, with transmission/reception tests and packet error rate (PER) measurements. Results can be plotted to visualize the evolution of performance over time.
STM32CubeMonitor-RF can be used to learn the various RF protocols supported by the STM32WB devices and build test scripts. It provides a dynamic list of commands with their parameter descriptions to test the protocol sequences manually. The user can test a command sequence without writing any lines of code.
The OpenThread terminal window provides an intuitive way to use the command line. The user can directly type the commands or use the graphical interface to build the commands and set the parameters. STM32CubeMonitor-RF can use an STM32WB board to capture the 802.15.4 frames in the air, and then forward the data to the Wireshark™ tool to decode the information exchanged between devices.
- Performs radio frequency tests of STM32WB Series microcontroller applications
- Supports STM32WB Series microcontrollers with Bluetooth® Low Energy and 802.15.4 integrated RF transceiver
- Connects to STMicroelectronics reference boards or any other user‑developed application using STM32WB Series microcontrollers through UART or USB
- Bluetooth® Low Energy:
Sends HCI commands Reads status Supports Direct Test Mode commands Displays remote devices Bluetooth Interacts with remote devices Bluetooth Configures static and dynamic beacons Manages over-the-air (OTA) file transfer and secures software update
Sends CLI commands Reads status Provides a dynamic list of OpenThread standardized commands Network explorer graphically displays the connections between devices in the Thread Uses STM32WB Series microcontrollers as 802.15.4 sniffers to capture data and decode it in Wireshark™
- Batch files, macro record, loop, and variable for automatic test sequence execution
- Multi-OS support: Windows®, Linux®, and macOS®
Recommended for you