The X-CUBE-BLEMESH1 expansion software package for STM32Cube runs on the STM32 and provides easy-to-use networking APIs based on a Mesh profile library and a BLE stack.
The expansion is built on STM32Cube software technology to ease portability across different STM32 microcontrollers.
The software lets you easily create your own application for extending BLE Mesh networks (by offering a ready-to-use Mesh core library), a complete set of compatible APIs, and a lighting reference design demo application running on the X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 expansion board connected to a NUCLEO-L152RE, NUCLEO-L476RG or NUCLEO-F401RE development board.
- Complete software to build Mesh network with Bluetooth low energy (BLE) nodes, extending network coverage to large areas up to 32767 nodes and 126 hops
- Use of BLE enabled smartphones to monitor and control multiple BLE nodes via proxy protocol and legacy BLE GATT connectivity
- Two-layer security, thanks to 128-bit AES CCM encryption and 256-bit ECDH protocol, ensuring protection against multiple attacks, including Replay, Bit-Flipping, Eavesdropping, Man-in-the-Middle and Trashcan
- Supported models include vendor model, partial configuration model, and samples for on-off and level generic models
- Sample implementation available on the X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 expansion board connected to a NUCLEO-L152RE, NUCLEO-L476RG, or NUCLEO-F401RE development board
- Easy portability across different MCU families, thanks to STM32Cube
- Free, user-friendly license terms