The A7987 is a step-down monolithic switching regulator that can deliver up to 3 A DC. The adjustable output voltage ranges from 0.8 V to VIN. The wide input voltage range and the almost 100% duty cycle capability meet the fail-safe specifications for industrial systems. The embedded switch-over feature on the VBIAS pin maximizes the efficiency at light load. The adjustable current limitation, designed to select the inductor RMS current in accordance with the nominal output current, and the high switching frequency capability make the size of the application compact. Pulse-by-pulse current sensing with digital frequency fold-back implements an effective constant current protection over the different application conditions. The peak current fold-back decreases the stress of the power components in heavy short-circuit conditions. The PGOOD open collector output can also implement the output voltage sequencing during the power-up phase. Multiple devices can be synchronized sharing the SYNCH pin to prevent beating noise for low noise requirements such as in infotainment applications.
- 3 A DC output current
- 4.5 V to 61 V operating input voltage
- RDS(on) = 250 mΩ typ.
- Adjustable fsw (250 kHz to 1.5 MHz)
- Low IQ-SHD (11 µA typ. from VIN)
- Low IQ (1 mA typ. - VIN 24 V - VOUT 3.3 V)
- Output voltage adjustable from 0.8 V to VIN
- Adjustable soft-start time
- Adjustable current limitation
- Low-dropout operation
- VBIAS improves efficiency at light load
- PGOOD open collector output
- Output voltage sequencing
- Digital frequency fold-back in short-circuit
- Auto recovery thermal shutdown
- Qualified following AEC-Q100 requirements
Recommended for you
In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI)
Telematics and Networking
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.