The ALED1642GW is a monolithic, low voltage, low current power 16-bit shift register designed for LED panel displays. The ALED1642GW guarantees 20 V output driving capability allowing the user to connect several LEDs in series. In the output stage, sixteen regulated current sources provide from 3 mA to 40 mA constant current to drive the LEDs. The current is programmed through an external resistor and can be adjusted by a 7-bit current gain register in two subranges. The brightness can be adjusted separately for each channel through 12/16-bit grayscale control.
Programmable turn-on and turn-off time (four different values available) improves the low noise generation performance of the system.
Open/short error detection mode is available in the ALED1642GW. The auto power-shutdown and auto power-on features (selectable) allow the device to save power without external intervention.
Thermal management includes an overtemperature data alert and output thermal shutdown (170 °C). The high clock frequency is up to 30 MHz and it makes the device suitable for high data rate transmission. A selectable gradual output delay reduces the inrush current, whereas the selectable SDO synchronization feature works when the device is used in daisy-chain configuration. The supply voltage range is between 3 V and 5.5 V.
- AECQ100 qualification
- 16 constant current output channels
- Output current: from 3 mA to 40 mA
- Current programmable through external resistor
- 7-bit global current gain adjustment in two ranges
- 12/16-bit PWM grayscale brightness control
- Programmable output turn-on/off time
- Error detection mode (both open and shorted-LED)
- Programmable shorted-LED detection thresholds
- Auto power saving/auto-wakeup
- Selectable SDO synchronization on the CLK falling edge
- Gradual output delay (selectable)
- Supply voltage: 3 V to 5.5 V
- Thermal shutdown and overtemperature alert
- Up to 30 MHz 4-wires interface
- 20 V current generator rated voltage
Watch the ALED1262ZT video, an automotive-grade 12-Channel LED Driver for advanced rear lighting solutions
The smart way to design your application
Light on your ideas
Recommended for you
LED Lighting and Controls
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.