The device is a single channel high-side driver manufactured using ST proprietary VIPower® technology and housed in the Octapak package. The device is designed to drive 12 V automotive grounded loads through a 3 V and 5 V CMOS-compatible interface, and to provide protection and diagnostics.
The device integrates advanced protective functions such as load current limitation, overload active management by power limitation and overtemperature shutdown.
A combination of INPUT and FR_DIAG pins latches the output in case of fault, disables the latch-off functionality and enables OFF-state diagnostic.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Extreme low voltage operation for deep cold cranking applications (compliant with LV124, revision 2013)
- Single channel smart high-side driver with CurrentSense analog feedback
- Very low standby current
- Compatible with 3 V and 5 V CMOS outputs
- Diagnostic functions
- Overload and short to ground (power limitation) indication
- Thermal shutdown indication
- OFF-state open-load detection
- Output short to VCC detection
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Load current limitation
- Self limiting of fast thermal transients
- Loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Configurable latch-off on overtemperature or power limitation
- Reverse battery
- Electrostatic discharge protection
Leading-edge product portfolio for a wide range of automotive applications
STMicroelectronics VIPower explainer
Electro-thermal simulator for devices in ViPower technology
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|HPAK + 1 (OCTAPAK)||Industrial||-|| |
|HPAK + 1 (OCTAPAK)||Automotive||Ecopack2|
Package:HPAK + 1 (OCTAPAK)
HPAK + 1 (OCTAPAK)
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.