The device is single channel high-side driver manufactured using ST proprietary VIPower® M07 technology and housed in the SO-8 package. It is designed to drive 12 V automotive grounded loads through a 3 V and 5 V CMOS-compatible interface, and to provide protection and diagnostics.
The device integrates advanced protective functions such as load current limitation, overload active management by power limitation and overtemperature shutdown.
A dedicated Multisense pin delivers high precision proportional load current sense, in addition to the detection of overload and short circuit to ground, short to VCC and OFF-state open-load.
A sense enable pin allows OFF-state diagnosis to be disabled during the module low-power mode as well as external sense resistor sharing among similar devices.
- Automotive qualified
- Extreme low voltage operation for deep cold cranking applications (compliant with LV124, revision 2013)
- Single channel smart high-side driver with Multisense analog feedback
- Very low standby current
- Compatible with 3 V and 5 V CMOS outputs
- Multisense diagnostic functions
- Analog feedback of load current with high precision proportional current mirror
- Overload and short to ground (power limitation) indication
- Thermal shutdown indication
- OFF-state open-load detection
- Output short to VCC detection
- Sense enable/disable
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Load current limitation
- Self limiting of fast thermal transients
- Loss of ground and VCC
- Reverse battery with external components
- Electrostatic discharge protection
Leading-edge product portfolio for a wide range of automotive applications
STMicroelectronics VIPower explainer
Electro-thermal simulator for devices in ViPower technology
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.