LoRaWAN® is a low‑power wide‑area network protocol based on LoRa® modulation, allowing low-power sensors to report over ranges of up to dozens of kilometers.
The I-CUBE-LRWAN Expansion Package consists of a set of libraries and application examples for STM32L0 Series, STM32L1 Series, and STM32L4 Series microcontrollers acting as end devices.
This package supports the Semtech LoRa® radio expansion boards SX1276MB1MAS, SX1276MB1LAS, SX1272MB2DAS, and the new generation sx126x mounted on SX1262DVK1DAS, SX1262DVK1CAS, and SX1262DVK1BAS.
This package includes an application running on NUCLEO-L053R8, NUCLEO-L073RZ, NUCLEO-L152RE, NUCLEO-L476RG, and B-L072Z-LRWAN1 embedding the CMWX1ZZABZ-091 LoRa® module (Murata).
It also supports a USI LoRaWAN® technology module through the I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 expansion board (available standalone or included in P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2) and the RisingHF modem RHF0M003 mounted on LRWAN-NS1 expansion board available in P-NUCLEO-LRWAN3. The application reads sensor data from the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 expansion board and sends the sensor data to the LoRa® network in class‑A.
- Compliant with the LoRa Alliance® specification protocol, named LoRaWAN® version V1.0.3 July 2018
- Compliant with the LoRa Alliance® TS-003-Application Layer Clock Synchronization V1.0.0
- Compliant with the LoRa Alliance® TS-004-Fragmented Data Block Transport V1.0.0
- Compliant with the LoRa Alliance® TS-005-Remote Multicast Setup V1.0.0
- Bidirectional end devices with class‑A, class‑B, and class‑C protocol support
- EU 868 MHz ISM band ETSI (European telecommunications standards institute) compliant
- EU 433 MHz ISM band ETSI compliant
- US 915 MHz ISM band FCC (federal communications commission) compliant
- End-device activation either through OTAA (over-the-air activation) or ABP (activation by personalization)
- End-device FUOTA class-C mode application running on NUCLEO-L476 RG
- Adaptive data rate support
- LoRaWAN® test application for certification tests included
- Low-power optimized
- Compliant with the CMWX1ZZABZ-091 LoRa® module from Murata
- Compliant with the WM-SG-SM-42 LoRa® module from USI®
- Compliant with the RHF0M003 modem from RisingHF
- Easy secure element integration
We asked Benjamin the following questions: What is FOTA and it's benefits? How can we meet the challenge of FOTA over LoRaWAN? So LoRaWAN FOTA is really happening?
The STM32 Nucleo pack for LoRa™ technology and high-performance FSK/OOK RF transceiver modem (P-NUCLEO-LRWAN1) is a development tool to learn and develop solutions based on LoRa™ and/or FSK/OOK technologies.
ST is developing STM32 microcontrollers with on-chip LoRa® long-range wireless RF technology. These products target Internet of Things (IoT) deployments by mobile network operators and large-scale private networks.
Recommended for you